You can access Web of ScienceTM from anywhere at any time using your Web of Science username and password.
One sign-on delivers access to three powerful resources: Web of Science, EndNote® online, and ResearcherID.
- Select a starting application, which will enable you to start your session in a specific database rather than on the Web of Science All Databases tab.
- Save searches to the Web of Science server that you can later open when you resume your research.
- Set up search history alerts. The alert automatically searches the latest update to the database, and then sends the results to you by e-mail.
- Set up citation alerts, which notifies you by e-mail whenever an article on your Citation Alerts list has been cited by a new article. This feature requires a subscription to Web of Science Core Collection.
- Create and maintain custom journal lists that you frequently read and for setting up Table of Contents e-mail alerts. This feature requires a subscription to Current Contents Connect.
- Add references to your EndNote online library directly from Web of Science Core Collection and other product databases.
My Citation Alerts: Receive emails or RSS feeds when an article you're tracking in Web of Science Core Collection is cited in a new publication
View an online tutorial
My Saved Searches: Receive emails whenever new references meet your search criteria
View an online tutorial
My EndNote online
- Add references to your personal library directly from Web of Science and other online resources
- Cite While You Write™ in Microsoft® Word and watch your bibliography appear instantly
- Transfer references between EndNote online and EndNote on desktop
- Collaborate with other EndNote online users
- Use the same sign-in as Web of Science
- Manage your own publication list with a unique author identifier
- Locate collaborators, speakers, editors, reviewers, and more
- View citation metrics and explore citation maps to see the global reach of your and your colleagues' research
CREATING A USERNAME & PASSWORD
1. Go to webofscience.com from an IP authenticated computer.
2. Click Sign In along the top navigation
3. Click Register to create a new account
You will be asked to enter your e-mail address to verify that an account does not already exist for you.
4. If an account does not already exist, you will be prompted to fill in the User Registration page.
5. After the username and password you have entered is verified, it will become active.