The Publisher Relations Department of Thomson Reuters (Science) is a targeted liaison team with the goal of building effective partnerships with publishers of scholarly literature. We work with publishers and their distribution groups to obtain content for evaluation and inclusion in Thomson Reuters products. Other key functions in Publisher Relations are to:
- Present content selection policies and procedures to the publishing community
- Work with publishers to transition our receipt of print publications to electronic
- Contact publishers to claim missing content
- Point publishers to Sales and Customer Education for product subscription and training
Learn more about the Journal Citation Report here
“What is the Impact Factor?” (This will be a hyperlink to a pdf, JCR Elements 2013 data-2014 release.pdf)
Read our White Paper on “Connecting the Dots Across the Scholarly Research & Evaluation Ecosystem”
- How do I submit a journal for evaluation?
- What issues of my journal should I send for evaluation?
- Is there a format preference for journals?
- What is that status of my journal submission?
- Did you receive my initial submission for evaluation?
If you have not done so already, please read our Journal Selection Process Essay before submitting a journal for evaluation.
Submit your journal for evaluation here.
We evaluate only current and upcoming issues. Back issues are not part of the review process. A minimum of three consecutive current issues will need to be evaluated. The publisher must provide full access to consecutive current issues, as they are published, one at a time, to Thomson Reuters, throughout the evaluation process until a decision is made on coverage.
In our evaluations and production processes, we would like to use the most complete and authoritative version of the journal. This is often considered the version of record. Current industry practices have electronic formats provided to us more often than print. We can work with print or electronic formats but we prefer electronic.
Please click here to complete a request form.
We acknowledge electronic submissions on a regular basis. However, this is only for the initial submission. Subsequent issues do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt. You can check on the status of your evaluation by filling out the journal status form found here.