A citation alert notifies you by email whenever a record you choose has been cited by a new record that has been added to the database. Sign in to your ISI Web of Knowledge and click on the "My Citation Alerts" link at the top of the page.
Creating a Citation Alert
- Access the Full Record of the article you want to add. You can do so by clicking the title of the article on any Results page in a product.
- On the Full Record page, click the Create Citation Alert button to go to the Citation Alerts Save Confirmation page.
- Click Done to return to the Full Record page.
If you do not see the Create Citation Alert button, then the record does not contain sufficient information for the alerting system to connect it to references cited by other articles.
- From the My Cited Articles List, click the Modify Settings button to go to the Modify Settings page.
- To apply a setting, select the check box in the appropriate column. To remove a setting, clear the check box.
- Click Submit Changes to confirm your changes.
Send Me Citation Alert
When the check box is selected, the citation alert for the article is active.
Citation Alert Settings
Specify the e-mail address to receive the e-mail (the default is your sign-in e-mail address) and an e-mail format.
Remove from list
Remove the article from the list. To clear the entire list, click Select All.