Essential Science Indicators
Determine who the most influential individuals, institutions, papers, and publications are.
With all the resources they need in one place, Essential Science IndicatorsSM users can determine the influential individuals, institutions, papers, publications, and countries in their field of study — as well as emerging research areas that could impact their work.
This unique and comprehensive compilation of science performance statistics and science trends data is based on journal article publication counts and citation data from Thomson Reuters databases. It is an ideal analytical resource for policymakers, administrators, analysts and information specialists in government agencies, universities, corporations, private laboratories, publishing companies and foundations, as well as members of the scientific press and recruiters.
Essential Science Indicators provides answers to your questions:
- What are the most cited papers in immunology?
- What are the emerging research areas in agricultural sciences?
- What country has the highest impact in chemical research?
- Who are the most highly cited authors in the field of molecular biology?
- What are the top journals in geosciences?
WITH ESSENTIAL SCIENCE INDICATORS, YOU CAN:
- Analyze research performance of companies, institutions, nations, and journals.
- Identify significant trends in the sciences and social sciences.
- Rank top countries, journals, scientists, papers, and institutions by field of research.
- Determine research output and impact in specific fields of research.
- Evaluate potential employees, collaborators, reviewers, and peers.
WHY CHOOSE ESSENTIAL SCIENCE INDICATORS?
- In-depth coverage: You can access approximately ten million articles in over 11,000 journal titles from around the world.
- A solid basis for comparison of research performance: Includes baselines, which are the benchmarks for assessing research impact.
- Expert guidance that enhances data: Provides editorial comments from scientists and researchers.
- Available as a 10-year rolling file: Updated every two months.
- 22 searchable fields of research: Includes the agricultural sciences, biology and biochemistry, clinical medicine, economics and business, engineering, pharmacology, plant and animal science and much more.
- Access to additional information:
- Research Fronts — Algorithmically derived topics reflect research-intensive and breakthrough areas of current science.
- Special Topics — Gives focused attention to selected areas of research.
- Highly Cited Papers — Chosen from the most recent 10 years of data.
- Hot papers — Focuses on very recent papers (from the past two years) that show an unusual rate of citation in the current period.
- ScienceWatch.com — Further information and commentaries pertaining to the scientists, institutions, journals, countries/territories, and papers listed in the rankings.
- Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science®: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
- Research Fronts: Lets you survey active areas of current scientific research and their intellectual and demographic characteristics.
- InCites™: Let's you analyze institutional productivity and benchmark your output against peers worldwide.